1. Turned 40 and celebrated appropriately.
2. Done an overnight distance race on the Chesapeake (The Race to Solomons) and the return sail back to Annapolis.
3. Spent a week on a boat on the Chesapeake (including three separate races) earning my RYA Day Skipper practical certification.
4. Spent a week in Pensacola (my second this summer), including a short trip to New Orleans (my first time there ever).
5. Chartered my first sailboat less than a week after being properly qualified to do so.
6. Managed, somehow, to squeeze in some work and sleep.
|At the helm of my very first sailboat charter. Note the massive grin.|
I have a lot of pictures and video footage to process and post, along with stories to write up. Fortunately, I have no special travel or sailing plans for August so I'm hoping to use the time to play catch-up.
No rest for the Nautographer....